“I’m excited to support a local business, and American GAINZ has made it easy. With the mission of transparency and integrity sourcing all ingredients from the U.S. of A., what’s not to like?”
Meet Marco Coppola: Head coach & Owner of Crossfit Overtake, nationally ranked top 10 weightlifter (105 kg), NGPL Grid athlete (Miami Surge) as well as the powerhouse element on the South Regional 2016 Team Champions, #TeamDensity.
Born and raised in Texas, hailing from North Houston, Marco grew up playing multiple sports which ultimately lead to a 17-year career playing football. Starting at just 6 years of age and finishing as a professional playing at the highest levels, Marco developed a solid skillset he now calls upon moving heavy weight—and moving it fast—in the sport of Crossfit.
With a formal degree in Exercise Sport Science, head coach Marco understands the value of education & experience when cultivating a close knit, family-oriented box. Just a few accolades that lend to his leadership & coaching abilities:
- 2013 American Open, Dallas TX. 8th place, 94kg.
- 2013 Crossfit Regional Team, South Central Region. 6th place.
- 2014 American Open, Washington DC. 7th place, 105kg.
- 2014 Crossfit Regional Athlete, South Central Region.
- 2014 Grid Athlete, NGPL Miami Surge. Semifinalist.
- CrossFit Games Regional athlete 2013-2015
- National Level qualified Weightlifter 2013-present
- NPGL - Grid athlete for Miami Surge 2014 & 2015(Won Best Barbell Mover)
- 2016 South Regional Team Champions #TeamDensity
Although fitness means a lot to Marco, he cherishes nothing more than time spent with his family, consisting of 2 English Bulldogs and beloved wife. Extremely humble in his successes at such a young age, Marco acknowledges and is thankful of everything God has blessed him with.
“We at American GAINZ Nutrition are proud to welcome such hard working and dedicated professional to our roster of AGN athletes. We look forward to supporting Marco and his ambitions to further develop the community and program he’s built over the last several few years in Spring, Texas.”
—American GAINZ Nutrition